Lava Ranch Properties is a beautiful mountain retreat nestled in the mountains of Southeastern Idaho and located approximately 8 miles from the town of Lava Hot Springs Idaho.
It is comprised of 470 lots that average 5 acres in size within about 3000 acres. This Recreational Subdivision is incorporated in Idaho as an Idaho Non-Profit Cooperative Corporation. All lots are subject to conditions, restrictions, and stipulations, as described in the Building & Use Restrictions & Protective Covenants for Lava Ranch Property Owner’s Association, Inc. They provide the basis for protecting members’ equity in the community and provide the framework within which people can live in harmony in a group situation. Purchase of your Lava Ranch property brings with it mandatory membership in the Lava Ranch Property Owner’s Association which provides the structure for operation and management of the community concept through it’s Bylaws. Association membership also includes certain mandatory obligations, financial responsibilities, and adherence to the rules and regulations of the Association.
By purchasing in Lava Ranch, you agree to abide by its pre-established guidelines. Prospective buyers should review all the Corporate governing documents before purchasing property in Lava Ranch. They can be found under the “About LRPOA” tab above.
Association dues are assessed annually in June for the next calendar year. Management of the Association is vested in a Board of Directors, elected from the membership for a 3-year term of office. Elections for one-third of the Board are held yearly at the Annual Meeting of the membership, generally the second Saturday of July. Private gravel roads are maintained during warm weather months and are open to the members in good standing and their invited guests for ATV/UTV use and in winter for snow activities.
YOU SHOULD KNOW:
• The name of the subdivision is Lava Ranch
• Incorporated as Recreational Subdivision and an Idaho Non-Profit Cooperative Corporation
• The name of the corporation is Lava Ranch Property Owners Association
• Membership in Association is required of all lot owners
• Association Restrictive Covenants define land use
• Managed by an elected Board of Directors
• Access to Lava Ranch is restricted to landowners and guests
• Roads and lots within the Subdivision are Private. Trespassing may include fines/citations.
• Association amenities for use of members include a pavilion for rent to large groups, a private fishing pond, community well, garbage service, a trailer dump station, and 33 miles of roads.
• Cabins – one detached single-family dwelling (not less than 600 square feet in the ground floor living area & not exceeding two and one-half stories in height) shall be permitted on any lot, with approval.
• Trailers, tents, RVs are permitted, with approval
• ATV/UTV use is restricted to improved roads
• Culverts are required where lot access roads intersect with an Association road
• Electrical power may be available from Rocky Mountain Power for some LRPOA lots
• Lava Fire District may limit campfires, generator use, and smoking during the fire season
• Fireworks and the discharge of firearms for sport or target practice within the sub-division are never allowed at Lava Ranch.
• Wildlife is protected – No hunting allowed. Be aware of Deer, Moose, Mountain Lion, and Bear. A cow Moose with calves is potentially the most dangerous, followed by Bear and Mountain Lion. Do not approach. Bring your camera!
THE 2023 ANNUAL ASSESSMENT IS $450 AND IS DUE AUGUST 1, 2023. IF NOT PAID WHEN DUE SHALL BEAR INTEREST FROM THE DUE DATE. SEND PAYMENTS TO LAVA RANCH POA, PO BOX 131, LAVA HOT SPRINGS ID 83246 (INCLUDE YOUR LOT # ON THE CHECK)
LRPOA policy requires that every vehicle, ATV/UTV, and snowmobile display a lot number while using Lava Ranch roads. We have issued two (2) placard/hangers and two (2) ATV/UTV stickers free for each lot. Additional placards/hangers are $5 each and stickers are $1 each. We recommend you put them on the left side of so people passing you can see it. If you already have stickers that have been issued other years on your vehicles, you do not need to reapply the new ones. The stickers do not have to be affixed directly to a vehicle. They may be attached to a suitably sized piece of plastic or other flat surfaces that can be transferred from one vehicle to another.
LRPOA tries to ensure enforcement of the Building & Use Restrictions and Protective Covenants, as well as the Rules & Regulations for the Lava Ranch Property Owners Association, is consistently and uniformly applied.
Lava Ranch Lot owners are responsible and liable for the actions of their family/friends/guests.
Any unlicensed minor(s) operating ATVs, motorcycles or UTVs on Lava Ranch roads must be accompanied by an adult presence and have direct supervision. Enforcement for violations may be subject to written notice with subsequent offenses leading to fines. NOTE: The definition of an “Adult” is any person 18 years old or older.
Off-road vehicle use is limited to improved roads only. No off road riding is permitted. Common areas are off limits as well as all private property lots. The Bannock County Sherriff’s office will investigate any violations of this policy. A list of ATV riding trails can be found at www.trails.idaho.gov.
Any damage to Lava roads or other Association property caused by ATV’s, motorcycles, or other recreational vehicles that require repair will result in fines of not less than $200 up to and including $1000 per occurrence.